Documentelligence™ Cost Accounting Software
Documentelligence™ Cost Accounting Software gives you complete control and record keeping of all digital documents within your company.
This software is designed to eliminate waste, encourage responsible behavior and make users and departments accountable for their print usage. Documentelligence™ Cost Accounting Software includes embedded software that runs on your copier/MFD to enable tracking, control and secure print release directly from the device’s panel. It’s also scalable for organizations of any size, with a cross-platform and vendor-neutral approach to technology and device support.
Easy to Use
Documentelligence™ Cost Accounting Software is regarded as the simplest system of its type to deploy and manage. System administrators have full access to administration and configuration via a familiar web interface. It offers:
- User directory (eg. Active Directory and others) integration and automatic user account creation
- Secure print release and follow-me printing
- Administrator dashboard with real-time status updates
- Print Archiving: review job content visually
- Optional client and account billing
- Ability to encourage responsible use via popup notifications
Program includes over 80 one-click reports available for online viewing, printing or export. Reports address all areas ranging from detailed page logs to summaries by user, department, device or environmental impact. Administrators can create ad-hoc reports by applying filter conditions and reports can be emailed to specified people on a regular schedule.
Web Based Administration
Get browser-based administration access from any network location enabling centralized management of every user and device. Web technologies make cross-platform support easy as there is no need for additional software to be installed and no web server configuration.
A key feature of the administration interface is the dashboard tab – an easy-to-read single page view of the printing environment for administrators. The Dashboard page utilizes a number of gadgets to present key real time information such as system activity and status updates, along with trend information and statistics from past activity such as number of pages printed and environmental impact measures.
Powerful Job Scripting
Advanced scripting can be used to define and finely tune your printing policy, and support your organization in eliminating waste and changing user behavior.
With Documentelligence™ Cost Accounting Software you can:
- Automatically route large jobs to detected high volume printers
- Discourage printing of emails via popup print policy warnings
- Convert jobs to gray scale and duplex
- Discourage or disable color printing by user group
- Least cost routing (suggest more cost effective devices based on conditions)
- Allow free printing (e.g. during class times)
- Define action by job attribute, user/group, period of day, device feature/type.
Follow Me Printing
The Follow-Me printing feature enables users to print to a global virtual queue. Jobs are held and only printed when the user releases the job at any compatible MFD/printer. This means you’re not tied to one specific printer and can print at any printer of your convenience.
- Improved document security and convenience.
- Reduce IT administrators need to manage multiple print drivers and queues for both workstations and mobile devices.
- Follow-Me printing minimizes waste and has been shown to reduce printing output by up to 20% in busy office environments.
- Support for multiple release methods ranging from auto release on authentication to active release job-by-job.
Secure Print Release
Today’s MFDs are smarter. They have touch screens and the ability to run software directly on the device’s panel. Documentelligence™ Cost Accounting Software leverages this technology to bring new features to each device.
One of the key features is user authentication – only allowing device access to authorized users. At the simplest level users can authenticate with network user name and password via an on screen keyboard. In addition, many environments will implement ID card authentication. Card numbers can be extracted from your network’s user directory or a database (e.g. door access control system), alternatively, users can self-associate their card on first use.
Card types include magnetic stripe, proximity (HID, Mifare & Legic) and bar codes, and the software supports many brands of USB card readers including RFIdeas, Elatec and OmniKey. Off the shelf standard USB and network card readers are available from leading suppliers.